Monday 27 April 2009

Weird goings on!

Here is a picture of a drain on Grove Road (opposite entrance to Westfield Gardens/on Millhaven Close-Gresham Drive side). It is causing a significant trip or fall hazard and will also be missed by cars when parking or moving away from a parking spot...this could cause serious damage to vehicles. I have reported the item to the streetscene department. Fortunately, Juliet has eyes like a hawk or our own vehicle could have been damaged.


On closer inspection Juliet and I noticed that the drain is completely full of dirt and would not provide effective water flow during rainy periods.






I titled the story weird goings on as in the space of a week I have noticed broken sign post, drainage covers removed, a piece of turf about 2m x 2m with over 400 cigarette stubs on it, a green telecoms box without a cover and other weird Chadwell incidents.....its giving me the heebie jeebies!

2 comments:

  1. Are those your feet in the second photograph, Wilson?

    As I understand it, de-silting drains is a Highways responsibility and there is a rolling one year programme. That is every drain gets de-silted once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reported this drain to the highways team and am confident they will rectify this silted drain - outside of the normal cycle.

    Don't my trainers look nice?

    ReplyDelete