Thursday 2 April 2009

Kinked George Hospital

UPDATE: 1st April 2009

I have still not received a formal response, however the number of complaints about the issue is increasing daily. With this in mind I have arranged a Press Shoot at the corner of Gresham Drive and Barley Lane at 13:00 on Monday 6th April. Please come and support our protest for a review of this parking fiasco!

UPDATE 31.03.2009:

I have received an email confirming that the Acute Trust will be giving me a formal response to my queries in writing, within the next few days. In the meanwhile, I have created a petition to be provided to the Council and the BHR Acute Trust. If you would like to get involved in obtaining signatures - please advise.



No parking cartoon
Juliet and I have received a lot of correspondence from residents that are bewildered by a Recent King George Hospital scheme that has reduced the Parking provision to Hospital Staff. The result of this has been an increase in antisocial parking along streets such as Abercorn Gardens, Gresham Drive, Langham Drive, Joydon Drive and Lexden Drive. I have indicated my concern about this matter to the Acute Trust and am awaiting their response.

In the meanwhile I advise residents that in 2006 I took a deputation to a full council meeting that resulted in a by-law preventing antisocial parking to the fore of residents with a drop down kerb leading to a drive.

If you want to use the service you need just call 020 8708 5211 to contact a mobile parking enforcement officer who will arrive in no more than 15 mins to apply a penalty fare notice to any illegally parked cars in front of residential forecourts - with drop down kerbs!

Once I have a response from King Georges I will obviously advise residenst of any proposals to rectify this issue.

Learn more about this by-law here.

No comments:

Post a Comment