Thursday 2 April 2009

Swamped!

I can hear people saying "Oh no not again" hence I should add that yes the following story is about the Sherman Bengeo estate again, however, it is not the fault of residents.

Residents form the large blocks 1 – 6 and 7 – 12 Birch Court (off Sherman gardens) have complained about a leaking water pump that has not only reduced the water pressure to their flats, but has also introduced a green slime and endless other waterborne elements both living and dead - that pose a real and tangible health and safety threat. This whole debacle with the leaking pump will no doubt affect their water bills, could introduce contaminated water to these flats, moreover it will also most assuredly be an expense to the Local water company and other bill paying residents - I am sure.

I have contacted Essex and Suffolk water who inform me they would need London & Quadrant's (housing Association) permission to fix the problem. L&Q advise me that the issue should be dealt with by the assigned Management Agents Winchester Property - they refuse to respond- strangely enough?! I have reported the issue to the Housing Ombudsman to decide on appropriate action.

I will keep residents posted.

If you have similar issues please advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment