Friday 24 April 2009

Kinked George Hospital Update 2

Here is a copy of an email sent to the BHR NHS Acute Trust following the letter received from them entered in a previous post (http://chadwellgreen.blogspot.com/2009/04/kinked-george-hospital-update_08.html):

In response to your letter I would like to ask whether the BHR Acute trust would be willing to increase their Car Parking facilities if our Planning department permitted a larger scale parking development?

I would also suggest that within your existing scheme groups of people that were to share vehicles coming in to work should be rewarded with a parking permit as in respect to any Green focus it would be great incentive to reduce traffic to work and parking burden. I would also ask you if it is necessary to charge for such permits?

I would like a response to my query on the potential for free parking for relatives and friends of terminally/chronically ill patients – I can imagine the ignominy felt when a friend/relative dies and people are forced to spend on a parking penalty in addition to funeral costs. Or the anxiety that could be felt by people in such a situation that would culminate in missed payments due to the ensuing frenzy to be with patients.

I would also like some clarification on whom will be allowed parking permits and whether it will be the poorer, lower tier staff that often provide the most care to patients that will be targeted.

Please advise

Here is their response:

"With regards your first point I am afraid we are unable to speculate on the situation. The second point has been discussed with the facilities manager and he has advised that the permits are intended to cover the of administration and managing the car park. I confirm that concessionary parking arrangements relating to different category of patients are in place as you have asked in your third point. With regard your final point I confirm that the parking charges vary depending upon the salary paid to the member of staff."

I hope now the proposed parking scheme has been in place a while that the parking burden on local roads has reduced?

Please advise.....?

1 comment:

  1. It would not surprise me considering recent shenanigans! I will keep fighting for change.

    ReplyDelete