Saturday 25 April 2009

Un-Poplar Trees (excuse the pun)

Just to bring you up to date I investigated the area where the large poplar trees on the edge of Sherman Gradens are located. Two of the trees have been pollarded and 3 trees are within what seems to be the boundaries of resident gardens. This might explain why two trees have had limbs lopped by a consciencious/concerned resident. I will write letters to the other residential properties with the large trees within their private areas. One tree seems to be in the rear court of the BUPA Nursing Home and I will contact them - the last seems to be in no-mans land. I will speak to the council and Taylor Wimpey about this one.

I am in no-way against any tree of any kind, however residents concerns about the huge proportions (over 40ft in height) of these trees and potential for subsidence and excessive secretions due to size are founded on tangible evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment