Tuesday 21 April 2009

Bang goes the beat of the drum!


After a long period of 3 years the water pump serving flats at 1-6 and 7-12 Birch Court on the Grove 1 Estate has received the long awaited part from Germany. The piece was installed into the pumps and water pressure has increased significantly - I have been told. For some this was a good result! Moreover this was result was the culmination of 2 months of communication exchanges between myself, London & Quadrant, Essex & Suffolk Water and Winchester Properties.

A consequence of this work, however, has been a loud crashing or banging sound from within the pump. This is causing concern to local residents who are finding it hard to sleep and are distressed by the nuisance noise. I feel responsible for this travesty as I was the one to champion change - with this in mind I have reported the problem to London & Quadrant and have asked them to investigate. I will most assuredly advise residents of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment