Sunday 7 June 2009

Valentines Mansion Green Fingers Day!

My Daughter Hannah and I really enjoyed visiting the Green Fingers Day at Valentines Mansion. After a short walk around the park during which we gathered permissible flowers, leaves, bark , pine cones and other floral items (ooops... and feathers!) - we sat down together and enjoyed making a collage with the numerous green items. Whilst on our tour of the park the staff educated young children and us parents too - on the names of flora and fauna and slightly more advanced, biological, ecological and geographic knowledge. It was great fun! Hope others came too? do tell.....




We had free use of the glues and colouring pencils and crayons provided by Valentines Mansion and the event did not cost us a penny. I hope more parents will take advantage of this wonderful centre in future I will keep posting details on forthcoming weekend events on my blog. My daughter and I are both proud of her work, she creatively styled trees using feathers to depict trunks. In particular yo0u might note that on the bottom left hand corner feather tree there are red berries stuck to sides of the trees. Just in case you did not know this it is a tomatoes tree. Surely we all know tomatoes grow on trees.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment