Friday 12 June 2009

Building Britains Future!

I have today received an invitation to 10 Downing Street on the 22nd of June. the invitation is from the Prime Minister to an evening event that I will assume is being staged to brainstorm ways to improve Britains economy and quality of life (due to the title on the invitation "Building Britains Future").

As a community and business figure from Redbridge I intend to register the needs of our community with the Prime Minister this will include querying why Redbridge has not been classed as an Olympic Borough and has missed out on the development opportunities i.e. a swimming pool that might have brought much needed employment to Redbridge and no doubt would have improved our quality of life. I will question him on any potential proposals for the professional development of Redbridge Citizens who are in employment – as this should increase knowledge, productivity and morale, whilst also making them indispensable to their respective organizations. I will also be seeking clarification on intended programmes to get people back into work. This again, will require significant investment in training to either enhance existing competency levels or create new skills sets and reciprocally new working opportunities. I have always been a protagonist for better working opportunities for disabled people and will challenge the Government to reduce the existing time lag for improvement and training grants (to make work places accessible and staff more competent) this would encourage employers to recruit from this overlooked sector. Finally, as a director of a Security Services company I feel obliged to challenge the Government to enhance existing legislation within the Private Security Act 2001 to include for the licensing of in-house security teams to remove a long standing unfair and uncompetitive practice, whilst also introducing penalties to complicit clients who inadvertently or consciously hire unlicensed Security officers from rogue Security Contractors due to reduced costs of service provision.

I will of course also challenging the Prime Minister to increase home grants for renewable energy sources such as Solar panels and Bio Mass heaters, which I feel should be promulgated across the country.

I am very excited by the interest shown in me by the Prime Minister and grateful for this opportunity. I just hope I can do Redbridge proud by introducing their concerns to the forum.

If anyone has any ideas please do inform me.

3 comments:

  1. check your wallet and fingers on departure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am no fan of Gordon Brown or the Labour Government, one of the reasons I left the Labour Party was the shambolic events this Government has persisted with. However, I am privileged to have been invited to this meeting and will use it as a platform to raise Redbridge and National issues that I believe are important. This will include developing a sustainable economy – one major example of this would be the introduction of major domestic and commercial property grants for installations for renewable energy such as Solar Panels and Biomass heaters – this would reduce the burden of rising utility costs and CO2 Emissions. Oh and don’t worry I will be watching my wallet and promise you my intentions are only for the positive benefit of our community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am as concerned about our econonmy as any other Britain and remind you all I am taking this opportunity to highlight the local concerns of Redbridge. Please do inform me of any issue you would like me to champion a reform of.

    ReplyDelete