Saturday 6 June 2009

Get me out of here!

I went to today's (6th June 2009) open day at Redbridge Magistrates Court with my daughter. We visited the Youth Offender Team stall and decided to try the skewered vision goggles - designed to provide the effect of visual impairment caused by alcohol or drug misuse. Unfortunately it would seem others in the court building did not realise this as.........



I found myself in a cell and you can see I felt a real plum as my friends and family took pictures.






It was lonely in the cell and all I had available was a hard bench for sitting and sleeping on. There was also a buzzer to ask for assistance or use of the washrooms.

This was all obviously part of a tour and we were shown around a prison vehicle in which they carry miscreants and they also undertook a mock trial. It was excellent. If you did not visit today - do ensure you take part next time!

I also met John Stubbs from London Ambulance (LA) who was there describing the charity work LA do by supporting black cabs and taking terminally ill children to Euro Disney. I will write more information on all participating stalls at the event, over the course of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment