Friday 24 July 2009

Mutual Co-operation!

Below I include an emailed response from Katherine Gilcreest regarding the recent spate of crime surrounding the Chadwell Allotments. The majority of the contents is rather indicative of the hard work and edeavour I have come to expect from Katherine who worked hard in my campaign for a safe crossing on the A12. I am aware that there seems to be some boundary clarification required as the alleyway is said to belong to Barking and Dagenham by both the Redbridge Allottment team and the Chadwell (Redbridge) Met Police. I will seek clarity and will cascade the information across to Katherine if I am correct....?


Wilson,

I have to attend a meeting this afternoon at 5.00 p.m. so I wanted to email you in case I get held up with an update regarding the alleyway.

I have visited this area and walked down all the alleyways with members from our Safer Parks Team who know this area really well. The alleyways around St Chad’s Park are all clear and free from rubbish. The Safer parks Officers I visited with advised that the footpath which runs alongside the park adjacent to Park Villas is not in LBBD and the boundary line is the park fence. I have been unable to confirm this; however the Safer Parks Officer who covers this area will monitor this area over the coming weeks to see if he notices any signs of anti-social behaviour in this area.

The area which has obvious signs of anti-social behaviour is the grounds to the building which was Japan Road Community Centre and is on the corner of the footpath, near the entrance to the park. The grounds of this building are littered with cans and the remnants of a burnt mattress. This building has not been used for a number of years and is being sold. The sale is due for completion in August 2009. I have contacted our Asset Management Team who are responsible for the maintenance of this building up to the point of completion and asked if they could clear the grounds. They visited the site on Monday 20 July 2009 to do this, but could not access the site due to a problem with the lock on the gate. This area will be cleared this week.

I have been advised that the site has been purchased by the adjacent church and it is anticipated that once this building is being used the problems will lessen.

If anyone has problems with this building or wants to report any anti-social behaviour in Barking and Dagenham they can contact us on 020 8215 3000, or via my details below.

Katherine Gilcreest
ASB Manager
Community Safety Team, Adult and Community Services
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Roycraft House, 15 Linton Road
Barking, IG11 8HE

Phone: 020 8227 2457
Fax: 020 8227 2603
Minicom: 020 8227 5755
E-Mail: Katherine.gilcreest@lbbd.gov.uk
Website:
www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment