Saturday 16 May 2009

Tree Fella(er) -

I have potentially good news for residents of Roxy Avenue, Flora Gardens and Sherman Gardens. I spoke about the potential for a 50% grant for the pollarding of the 50ft Poplar trees at the rear of gardens at Sherman Gardens and although they have not committed to anything, the council has stated that if there is residential support for the scheme, they would investigate a possible grant.

These trees have caused subsidence to local properties and the stick secretions from the trees has caused expensive damage. I am not against trees of any kind but feel that these trees could do with a little cutting back to remove local concern. You are all aware I have championed tree planting on many residential roads!

I would appreciate if people would communicate their desires with respect to this proposal. I would also like to suggest that as the cost of a tree pollarding exercise is around £800 (potentially £400 if grant is awarded) - that other adjoining properties to the rear and side of the property boundaries, within which the trees exist contribute to the programme. As the trees where inherited and a resolution would provide succour to all of you. If you are willing to contribute do let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment