Saturday 16 May 2009

Road Rebuilding Result!

Residents of Gresham Drive and Reynolds avenue are no doubt pleased that they have now finally be informed by the council, of the scheduled full road reinstatement works - to be carried out in their respective areas. This is the culmination of a two year battle in which I have petitioned the Highways Team, reported regularly the awful state of these roads and highlighted rapidly reoccurring Potholes and having them filled for you.

I know I have been promising the works for a year now and the initial report stated it would be completed in January this year. The highways team have been inundated with works and I have cascaded reports on the extended timescales regularly. Anyway I have now been told works will be completed within 6 weeks and that you have received confirmation of the programme in writing.

An added benefit of the programme is the fact that the council have agreed to provide a 25% discount of the cost of carriageway crossings (driveways) if you pay the fees prior to renovation works. This is due to the fact that it will be easily acclimatised into the renovation works. If you have been thinking of installing one -there has never been a better time to do so.

I hope you are pleased with this outcome and welcome feedback....?

Moreover, I cannot remember in the history of my time working for Chadwell (almost 4 years) such a programme of work being undertaken in our ward? Please do correct me if I am wrong...? This is a precedent I will be working diligently to continue as I believe all roads in Chadwell need an overhaul in particular next on my list is Glendale Avenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment