Friday 15 May 2009

Safe A12 Crossing at Whalebone Lane

I received a letter from TFL in response to my recent request for a decision on a review of the potential for a Safe Ground level crossing across the A12 near East Road (post-our recent protest march). TFL have expressed again that safety and financial predictions prevent the installation of the crossing at East Road and that they have already started the machinations for the funding and planning of a crossing at Whalebone Lane where it is more cost and safety efficient to do so. They have provided a prescriptive reasoning for this decision which is attached.

I have to bow to their expert knowledge and will now stop the campaign, which has had moderate success as it was in the cross party meeting which I arranged, that TFL agreed the potential for a crossing at Whalebone Lane. This will mean a longer walk for residents of Chadwell and Shepherds Close, but at least now we have a viable alternative at Whalebone Lane.
I have done all I can and apologise to all those that are not satisfied with this result. However, I cannot see any other way forward considering the exhibited facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment