Wednesday 13 May 2009

Crammed Parking - The Birchdale Fiasco!

At the Area 5 Committee meeting on Monday 11th May Cllr Scott asked for the removal of the potential permit parking bay scheme for Birchdale Gardens from the Area 5 Action Sheet. This was duly removed - destroying 1 years work and a lengthy petition excercise by myself.

I have spoken with a senior Highways officer and have asked for the item to be returned to the Action Sheet, as my submitted petition shows almost unanimous favour for the introduction of Resident Parking Bays and two Pay and Display Bays on Birchdale Gardens. This was to be on the basis, that no Yellow line would be affixed to the road and was misrepresented on the Action Sheet. In fact the consultation exercise referred to by the Liberal Councillor, that indicated minimal favour for a scheme - was based on a traditional Parking Bay scheme with introduction of yellow lines and was undertaken two years prior to my unanimous or almost unanimous petition? My proposed scheme would allow residents to continue using their driveway fronts as an additional space for visitors, which could be policed via mobile ticket inspectors under an existing Redbridge scheme that was introduced after a year long campaign by myself.

The highways team have agreed to review my concerns and will inform me of their decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment