Monday 11 May 2009

Crows feed on litter!

It is well documented that Crows feed on litter, so it was with no great surprise that I read a recent email from a concerned resident of Christie Gardens faced with a litter problem occurring within the park and on his road.

"I'm writing to you with regards to the meeting on Thursday. Unfortunately I cannot attend .....but i would like to put my views across. I live in Christie Gardens so am very aware of parking issues. Also of the constant litter in my street and outside me house. I have a ** year old and a ** year old who attend this school so I'm not biased to the other pupils. .... I walk my dog in this park every day and the litter problem is terrible. The bin nearest the park entrance by the school is far too small for the litter that is actually placed in there, Also when it is full the crows sit on the bin and empty out the litter!! Strange but true, so the litter ends up on the floor. If the bin was bigger maybe it wouldn't get full to the brim...... "

I have cascaded these points to the General Cleansing Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment