Monday 25 May 2009

A Hard Days Work!

Many residents will have visited our Green Party Stall at Redbridge Green fair Yesterday. I enjoyed meeting with those of you I could however, I could not be present at the stall as long as I wanted. I started my day by riding the mobility scooters from the Exchange Shopping mall , Ilford town centre - to valentines Park. Fortunately, I was joined by my Green compatriot Isla Martin and we raced along the streets and road at 8mph. It was particularly fun when I accidentally (of course) missed the drop down kerbs at corners and went flying onto the road. I was then coerced by the Green Fair organisers into assisting with the movement of vehicles and pedestrians at the entrance way to the fair. Then my Redbridge Carnival Committee associates failed to arrive, leaving me to approach the 140 stalls at the event to invite them to attain a stall at our prospective event on the 5th - 6th September 2009. Lots of talking and walking left me thoroughly exhausted and yet even so, when I joined the Green Party team consisting of Ashley Gunstock, Mark Dawes and Stephen Lambert in the collaborative effort of deconstructing our stall - all I could feel was disappointment. Fortunately my youngest daughter Naomi decided to help and add some glimmer to the process (the elder sister Hannah was enjoying getting her face painted) Please do share any stories from the fair and email me pictures to put on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment