Tuesday 25 August 2009

Streetscene Response!

In response to my recent request for removal of bulky waste from Mayesford Road and queries regarding the door to door garden green waste collection - Russell Ward the head of streetscene has stated:

Hi Wilson, Many thanks for the email.Hopefully arrangements are in hand for the removal of the bulky waste.With regard to the collection of garden waste, Chadwell Heath would normally be on a Monday (refuse/recycling collected on a Friday).Since the introduction of the scheme we have been overwhelmed with the take up of the weekly service. Since April we have collected 3500 tonnes when compared to 2000 tonnes for all of last year ! This has resulted in the weekly schedule slipping some weeks and catching up at weekends. However, I am concerned to learn that some addresses have been missed for at least 4 weeks and it would be useful if I could be provided with the locations so that I can follow it up with the contractor. If you require any further information please let me know. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

I hope this is a satisfactory response to the concerns and am aware that Russell, is working hard towards even better improvements to the overall streetscene delivery of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment