Thursday 27 August 2009

Glendale Nightmare!

I don't know how residents of Glendale Avenue Sleep at night. If I lived on this street, I would be having nightmares of the sudden collapse of the road and falling through the streets into the unknown below. This street is number 1 on my list of roads in Chadwell to encourage our planned maintenance team to undertake a full renovation for. It is unbelievable how poor the surface of the road is on this street and the kerb stones are all loose!

Recent construction works on the corner are adding to the demise of the road. Large haulage vehicles parking on the street are dislodging kerb stones and the weight of the vehicles is cracking the road further.

The condition of the road is so bad that even the engineer who I took with me yesterday morning from Reactive maintenance admitted the road is desperate need of an overhaul. I have asked the Planned maintenance team to investigate This road, Shepherds Close and Jarrow Road...The 3 roads in worst condition in Chadwell.


The gentleman from reactive maintenance believes the next cold winter will make Glendale Avenue erupt in numerous potholes.


No comments:

Post a Comment