Friday 28 August 2009

No Budget - Sorry!

Here is the response received from the Highways Team regarding the condition of Shepherds Close and Glendale Avenue:

"As I have stated in the past there are hundreds of roads in this borough that require resurfacing and some in a worse condition than Shepherds Close. We also have to take in to account the road hierarchy and usage in establishing our programmes within the limited budgets. However as explained this years limited budget is fully committed and if I have no funds to carry out resurfacing and reconstruction then the only action is to continue to patch and make safe. I am sure that ***** who met with you on site would have pointed this out and made the necessary arrangements as you show in your pictures. We carry out extensive condition surveys using nationally recognised survey techniques and regular safety inspections of all our roads. I am sorry that I can not give you more of a positive response but I can assure you that we are fully aware of the asset conditions and priorities of the network in this borough and my team are dealing with these issues to the best of their ability within the limited resource available to them."

I have asked for a full inspection by one of Steve Grayers Officers which will take place in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment