Thursday 22 October 2009

Policing that works!


You will no doubt, by now, realise just how much I appreciate the work of our incumbent sergeant Lowrie. Since he has taken over the responsibility for Chadwell Ward Safer Neighbourhood Team, the service level and ingenuity of the team has improved exponentially.

During a recent knife incident he has provided a high profile policing deterrent at Redbridge College, which has calmed the situation (working closely with a very cooperative Redbridge College). Moreover, on the 14th of November he will be facilitating the free installation of tamper-proof screws via his team at Tesco’s, Goodmayes. The times of this service will be from 12:00 - 14:00 - please come along and prevent your licence plates from being stolen (a crime on the increase).

Finally, I would like to add my thanks to all the community people and groups that have assisted me with Crime reduction work I have undertaken locally. Redbridge Council commended me personally and my Business A.A. Security for our efforts in reducing local crime. I could not attend the Award ceremony as I was inaugurating the new Mayesford/Hickman and Reynolds NHW. This aside I have today been told that I will be meeting with Prime Minister Gordon Brown at 10 Downing Street on the 4th November 2009 as I am to be awarded a Community Crime Fighters Award. If any of you were the person to nominate me - thank you!

Sometimes, when only a small number of people turn up to meetings, I question the benefit of my work. However, having seen many of those start-ups develop into strong community groups has given me a real sense of pride. Not every one of these efforts produces a successful group or end, however, your faith and that of the local council in their recent awards has inspired me to aspire to even greater things. Once again thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment