Friday 2 October 2009

Is death or major injury key to success!

In the image above you will see Isla by the continually congested corner of Chadwell Heath Lane at the junction with the High Road. Only this time one bollard is missing and you can see the orange safety barriers are protecting wet tar that has infilled the whole remaining after a bollard has been knocked over.

I cannot tell you how many cars have crashed at this location. Nor can I inform you how many of them were fatal or induced serious injury to driver of passengers. What I can tell you, is the location is always packed with cars and that accidents often arise due to passenger impatience a culmination of two boroughs unable to agree a traffic solution and to mutually fund a solution. I have raised this issue at several Area 5 committee meetings - to no avail. Yet again, 4 years after my initial complaint we find that nothing has been done even though evidence would suggest that the area is both dangerous and a local nuisance.

I will raise the issue at the next Area 5 again and would like some local feedback so please do share your thoughts...?

No comments:

Post a Comment