Friday 9 October 2009

My participation and Redbridge Carnival Court's involvement in Redbridge events.

Hey, even if no-one else appreciates us! The Court and I are having a whale of a time!

The Redbridge Carnival court and I have really enjoyed participating in local events this year. These include both the Area 5 Committee Event (20th September) and the excellent Sponsored walk and run organised by Joe Browne and the Ilford Athletics Club in Valentines Park on the 27th September.

If you want more details on our participation at these events, please follow this link for the Area 5 Festival and this link for the Sponsored walk and run. We also held a wonderful award ceremony for local groups and individuals - view more here.

A commentator has complained that I have claimed the glory for organising the Area 5 Festival (read comments on this post). This same commentator has a Council email – could they be one of the Labour Councillors that had little input into the event – barring agreeing the funding as they though it would serve their purposes…? Hmmm…I wonder! Besides, they are paid for their time and committment or lack of it!

I am not paid for my work and served as best as I could, whilst continuing my works with the plethora of other groups I am involved with. I am the founder and chief organiser of Redbridge Carnival and am proud of my efforts, which has seen the return of a much loved event, that has been sought after- ever since its demise 21 years ago.

Although I was not chief organiser of the Area 5, few could disagree with my commitment and input towards the event. It would be great if the commentator named themselves, just so we can accurately calibrate their own investment into the event….?

If you feel our Redbridge Carnival court has done us proud - do tell....?

1 comment:

  1. your anonymous contributor may be labour today but who knows what they will be tomorrow

    ReplyDelete