Sunday 6 September 2009

Tripe!



Here is an article that featured in our Ilford Recorder recently. Cllr Scott is neither aware of the issues on the Richmond Estate nor event concerned. More to the point are any of the incumbent councillors. I have been writing to residents and communicating with both RMG and Wimpey Homes over you local issues including the reinstatement of the underground car park. I have elucidated that planning consent for the Richmond estate was granted on the basis that a fully operational subterranean car park be incorporated into the design and final build. Your Car park was only operational for a few months and since then even though there has been much clamour from locals, neither RMG nor Wimpey Homes have brought them back in use. It is now 3 years since they have been shut...?! I have submitted a planning enforcement enquiry that will now result in a full investigation. It was a bit naive of our councillors however, to assume residents stopped using the car park because of safety reasons - without reflection of the long struggle to have them reinstated....? Oh well, we will as always continue the fight without them! Although I am sure the elusive Jesse Boucher who is believed to be working diligently in our ward will no doubt claim he has been working hard on these concerns before me....? He stated this in a recent comment on my report on all the graffiti I have been clearing form the ward, yet has not provide an iota of evidence...?!

I am also rather surprised that the plethora of other issues on your estate have been overlooked? I have visited the site with Michael Simms of RMG who promised repairs. To date nothing has improved even though I obtained the crime report for the broken railings at the front of Heathfield Gardens. I will apply more pressure and am hoping next Friday 11th September around 12:00 all residents could call, email and write to RMG asking for the repairs listed to be completed and any others you may know of. This will be a form of protest and a long campaign for rectification.

No comments:

Post a Comment