Saturday 12 September 2009

Burglary Warning


Disturbing news I am afraid. Gold has been reportedly stolen within two properties in Redbridge last week Click on image from this weeks Ilford Recorder to enlarge. One burglary took place on Staines Road in Loxford Ward and one at Inverclyde in Chadwell Ward. It would seem that such opportunist acquisitive crime is still on the increase and we should all be a little bit more way. I am still the Chairman of the Redbridge Neighbourhood Watch Association and would like to hear from any residents who would like to start up a NHW in their respective areas or to learn about existing ones. NHW's are proliferating of late and it is having an impact on setting more appropriate Policing priorities and reducing crime. Local home insurance can be reduced as a result of such groups due to the acknowledged impact. Please do make contact if you would like assistance with starting or joining a group.


Stop this from happening in your home!

2 comments:

  1. I have just posted a comment on this elsewhere in this blog.
    I have been burgled 4 times in the last 4 years. I have never come across such burglaries in my more then 40 years in Loxford before. Most of the neighbours I have moved in in the last 15 years and none of them have been burgled even when they leave thier property and cars unattended for weeks. I am afraid I have to conclude that from this and some other experiences, some of these people are involved in the burglaries.
    Sadly, the police just do not seem to want to catch the burglars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A burgular was caught by our hard working Police in Clayhall as a result of a Neighbourhood Watch report. Have you considered one for your area?

    If you would like some help just email me my details are on the Blog. I am chairman of the Redbrideg Neighbourhood Watch Association.

    We have to be the protaganosits for change rather than blame the police why not support them..?

    Kind regards

    Wilson

    ReplyDelete