Thursday 24 September 2009

The list goes on....... poor old Richmond Estate!

As Isla Martin and I walked up to Hevingham Road to deliver letters about the lack of Communication from RMG. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the fencing around the front corner of the road was finally erected back into it's initial state. The initial 1 year delay was due to a purported lack of ability to obtain a crime reference number, which I obtained for RMG with consummate ease and a matter of hours...? Oh well, at least it has been completed. I noted however, the dangerous pipe that could cause a trip hazard has still not been removed and this just needs rolling up.....? I hope this is not another 1 year project...?

As we walked along Sudbury court we noticed a Car Park Barrier had been broken and tossed into the nearby vegetation. We hope this defect will be rectified soon..?


Whilst perusing through the Car Park area I noticed two broken lights. The strange thing is this seems to be like de ja vu and I am sure I have noticed the same broken lights for quite some time...?

If you let graffiti alone it will grow and become a pervading social malaise I hope that RMG resolve this issue soon.
Only more graffiti, to help RMG I will ask the Redbridge Street Scene team see if they can remove the unsightly mess as it is creeping back into your area in a very big way. Our street scene team are excellently led by a Mr Russell Ward with very prompt response to requests!

Slabs...what are they doing in this picture...?

More slabs, I wonder where they came from? Why are they in pieces...?

A broken dead tree...I wonder when this will be cleared away or I we to wait for natural decomposition...which could take over 100 years...?

I will need to investigate these broken slabs...they are everywhere?

This graffiti was found on the roof of one of the light providing structures in your communal central grassy areas. The structures are meant to be emitting light into the underground Car parks, however due to a contractor installing the side slats upside down, they actually reflect light away from the Car Park. I note with disdain that RMG are still to reverse the slats...?

I am pleased to see that on the day I arrived a big clean up of all the bulky waste in your stores was taking place. I believe this was due to the haranguing we have recently been giving to RMG. However, they have still failed to secure the bin areas with either CCTV or grills and an entry system as previously proposed...?

Ahhh, the mystery of the broken slabs make sense now! The slabs are being broken of by local youths who then shatter them into pieces and throw them at vulnerable children with threats. As reported by a resident. This is a dangerous activity that needs to be investigated by our statutory authorities. Furthermore, perhaps RMG should clear your estate of the offending items?
More slabs missing....this problem is rife!

Not a nice picture, I know, however there is an evident and distinct issue regrading dog foul in your area. Michael Simms (RMG) had asked me for the telephone number of Redbridge Street Scene, as he had advised me that he wished to purchase some dog litter bins for your estate. I passed him the number and they received no call, I gave them his number with no joy either. If you want them, perhaps residents should contact RMG directly as they no longer respond to me?

More slabs missing!


Why is the shale missing and leaving the water inlets visible and vulnerable? What has happened to the stones...residents have purported that they have been thrown into the drain just below this boxed area. I had spoken to RMG near the beginning of the year about this problem, to no avail. If Thames Water have to be called to resolve a drain issue in the area. It will be clear who is at fault as this issue does not seem to have been investigated.

More bricks missing from the walled area making the area rather unaesthetic!

That's Ilsa Martin posting through your letters, you will note the corner of the wall has missing bricks. unfortunately, damaged walls are not unusual for your estate

Ouch, even more missing bricks, this really pricks my pride. I am proud of Chadwell and the recent improvements that together we have induced to make it a better place. I have reported the missing bricks so often I thought they would have been reinstalled by now. I will keep pressing on!

This is more pernicious than it would seem a single brick like this is a great weapon in a fight. It has been purported that bricks and broken pieces of slab have previously been used in a negative manner.

If I am correct the pipe in the centre is property of Thames Water and is part of the local water network. I do not know why it is full of stones, why it is uncovered or what effect this has on the local area. I do know, however that the image is rather disconcerting.

Just another shot of the same image.
As extensive as this report might seem it just skims the service. There are strange whit patches on your building walls that need explaining, I have not produced images of all the graffiti or the slabs or bricks or broken walls. Letterboxes are damaged and vulnerable. I will send a copy of this page to the Management Agents the Police, the Street Scene team and the ASBO Team.
I am also aware of antisocial sports being played on your estate and would ask parents to send children to Crucible Park (to rear of Quarles Park road) as it is your nearest park and less than 200 yards away.

No comments:

Post a Comment