Friday 4 September 2009

South Road success!

I know that I have been stating that South Road is due a road patching exercise for over 6 months now - well it has finally been completed. This unadopted road has led me to challenge the council at Full Council Meetings, Cabinet Meetings and Area 5 and 6 Meetings, initially changing my focus for a holistic review of all unadopted roads in the borough. My efforts were rewarded by councillors agreeing to a £5000 patching works (which took a further 6 months to complete) and the Highways department are undertaking a review of all unadopted roads in the borough for a potential adoption of private roads on a long term granular project. What more could one want...?
The New South Road!
I will be asking the Highways department why this unsightly section has been left untouched to the right side of the entrance to South Road...?!


No comments:

Post a Comment