Friday 13 March 2009

Westfield Crises

I was in the vicinity of Westfield Gardens, Sherman Gardens and Bengeo Gardens to complete a delivery of letters for the Green Party, at around 13:30 today. Whilst there I noticed some disturbing issues which I detail below;

Opposite 38 Sherman Gardens there are some brick constructions – one has bins in the other is currently vacant. Youths (aged between 11- 13) were congregated in the building and rapping as I passed by, they decided to give me some acerbic glances, but that was not to intimidating. After leaving I noticed there was a mass of graffiti inside the construction and offensive images such as a gun.

Behind 20 – 28 Birch Court there is a bin cabin without doors and 4 Asian teenagers (16+) where distributing drugs between themselves. Preparing to smoke some wacky baccy, no doubt.

Lots of youths could be seen running through the alleyway – although this is not overtly a problem. Some Police patrols might curb excessive behavioral issues and bring solace to the local community

I reported the issue to Police, the Redbridge ASBO Team, General Cleansing, Taylor Wimpey, Winchester Property and London Quadrant.

The police responded by sending 3 Police Officer's on bikes (this night) - which I can confirm as one of them lent me a pen to list the non-working lamp posts. Our Chadwell Team are working hard to resolve your local issues - please support them by providing any intelligence your have. Call 020 8721 2562

I am aware of your local antisocial behaviour issues and will be sending a letter to you to help and encourage you to start a new Neighbourhood Watch.

2 comments:

  1. There is already a NHW that has recently been sending out newsletters in this Neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone could provide me with details of the Co-ordinator I would be willing to work with this group to make it a more productive one - Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete