Saturday 14 March 2009

Millhaven Project

I have just finished delivering the new Chadwell Greens Newsletter along Millhaven Close and the associated Closes. What should have taken 30 minutes took an additional 45 minutes as I was busy scribbling down the immense local concern I surveyed. The conditions for people living on Millhaven Close/Capstan Close and Crucible Close are to be quite frank - disgusting! This is definitely the most ignored region of Chadwell and must have a number of disgruntled residents. If the state of services they are receiving here was repeated in leafy Woodford....all hell would break loose as it would be deemed unsatisfactory by all. I believe your incumbent Liberal Councillors are to blame for the demise of your area and have reported the following issues:

  • Graffiti on top of Green box by entrance to Crucible Close.
  • Bulky waste (2 sofas) by Bins opposite Crucible Park/ 25 Capstan Close
  • 9 – 65 Millhaven Close are sharing two bins, there were 4 previously however, the council has removed 2 - several residents have informed me, resulting in visible overspill.
  • Rubbish is strewn ubiquitously over the communal grassy areas – this is very unsightly and noticeable.
  • The road signs at Capstan Close are littered with graffiti and should be replaced.
  • Bulky Rubbish in Car Park near opening by Grove road (rolls of carpet)
  • Alleyway between Millhaven Close and Grove Road has graffiti on lamppost and minor items on walls.
  • The bin areas are have graffiti and could benefit from doors.
  • Vegetation in a number of areas is encroaching paths to flats or street pavement
  • The street pavements need a real overhaul - I tripped twice myself!

    The list goes on.

    I have asked local council teams for a concerted effort to bring your area to a state of normality and will chart progress – no wonder so many disaffected youths roam are streets.

Please tell me your thoughts if you are a resident.

UPDATE:

I have contacted Labyrinth Properties, 5b, High Road, Chadwell Heath, Romford, Essex, RM6 6PU, Tel: 020 85861185, Fax: 020 85861123 and Flatcare Management Ltd 2 Walker Close Crayford Kent DA1 4SR Contact: Tony Simmons Tel 01322 559813. It would seem that Flatcare areas are in the main in good condition - however Labyrinth are still to respond.

UPDATE 2:

See Response from Flat Care recieved on Friday 13th March 2009 - They seem very proactive:

"Our team were there today and we have a list of three things that have been dumped. These will be removed within three working days.

We will look at the bin door you refer to.

Cleaners can sometimes not access litter entwined in bushes for health and safety reasons. This will be done when gardeners can get amongst the bushes

I would reiterate I hope you are contacting those houses with poorly kept garages, litter in gardens and overgrown bushes. We are looking after private flats and the owners satisfaction is our priority.

We do monitor these flats weekly so we will pick up items when needed."

If you are homeowners please do keep your gardens tidy too!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Lisa Thomas from Labyrinth Properties and I am the property manager for Capstan Close & Cruicible Close.
    At no time has anyone contacted me or the Labyrinth offices to discuss your visit.
    We are constantly battling with bulky items being dumped (it has been sugested the other close's are doing this) & the owners having to pay for the removal, which affects their service charges.
    I would like you to contact me immediately on Monday 6th April to discuss the above & your meeting with a director of Capstan Close!
    I think Labyrinth Properties should have a apology stated on this site, as contact had not been made by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will call you on monday and can confirm that I both telephoned and emailed your offices. I did not get a response from your offices, however a resident director Mr Amos contacted me and kindly met with me spending 2 hours detailing the issues on Capstan Close. He informed me that as much as possible Labryinth are working hard to resolve local concerns. I asked the local authority General Cleansing Team to remove the Bulky Waste from the bin cabin area on Capstan Close and Graffiti - as Mr Amos informed me of an unfortunate structural concern with some flats, that was going to involve significant capital. My letter to residents spoke generously of the focus of the two management agents as due to Mr Amos's actions I was able to draw up a larger lists of concerns which I have now resolved - including repairs to a house on Millhaven Close that was not maintained properly by a Housing Association and I am working with a local school to resolve a litter problem. A deeper analysis revealed that much of the local concern was due to residents, whom I asked to take better care and pride for their area. If you feel aggrieved I apologise that I had not communicated the discussions with Mr Amos to your office, assuming that he would have done so.

    ReplyDelete