Thursday 22 April 2010

Cedar Park crisis an update!

After our enquiry yesterday, we have received an update from the planning department regarding the long term issues associated with the commercial property based at 8a Cedar Park Gardens. A lead officer has stated (sic):

"Following your email below I have today revisited the site.On this visit I noted that the land was untidy and have therefore opened an enforcement complaint. I will shortly be writing to the owner requesting that the land be tidied to a "reasonable condition". I am looking into a complaint relating to the possible change of use of the commercial unit. On my initial visit, I observed some internal works going on to sub divide the storage area into smaller units.
I intend to monitor the situation closely. I am aware that a colleague Mr Beeson looked into a complaint here recently but he is on annual leave at present. I will liaise with him on his return to discuss his findings."


We will keep residents informed on progress relating to the complaint. This whole situation is based on a ludicrous planning decision to allow a B1 status commercial build, in the middle of a densely packed residential area.

Your Green Party candidates are committed to a more sensible approach to such applications. Primarily, we would ensure that local community concerns were more appropriately addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment