Tuesday 29 June 2010

Words not Action! Con services ooops...I meant Conservatives!


In their recent newsletter the Conservatives claimed that they were responsible for removing the waste from 69 Shepherds Close. The house actually belongs to the London Borough of Newham and is used to house homeless people. The waste was bulky deposits that were left over from the internal renovation of the property.


I was shocked that the conservatives claimed they were responsible and so I called Redbridge General Cleansing as our taxes should not be used to remove the waste material from the renovation of Newham Council’s property in our borough. The General Cleansing team informed me that they were not responsible in an email a lead officer said:

"I have checked the System and we have no record of this"

I thought perhaps, that the Conservative Councillor may have asked Newham Council to remove the Rubbish. When I spoke to them they confirmed they had received no request and that the property was managed by their agents Letting International.

I contacted Lettings International and they have confirmed that no call had been made by Mr Munro and that the removal was part of the course of their normal building repair and clearance activity.

So the title of his main story seems a little misleading perhaps it should read “Words not Action” and “Gary saw it getting done!

See the fallacious article above.

No comments:

Post a Comment