Tuesday 18 May 2010

More delay I am afraid!

Despite much work by your Green Activists to jolly up the process of bringing safety measures to the Grove Road and Chadwell Heath Junction.  We find ourselves again limited by another delay.   It transpires that a contractor has now been selected and appointed, however, the contractor can not start work until the utility companies relocate underground pipes and cabling.  An email received from a senior Highways officer on Monday 17th May stated:

"Further to our discussion this morning, the services I refer to are, I believe, Gas and electricity pipes and cables that need to be moved before the new kerb line and footway can be constructed."

I will detail the exact specifications for the proposed works at this junction in my next post.  This is in response to a number of requests for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment