Sunday 9 May 2010

Chadwell Result

We thank all those Chadwell residents who voted for us in the local elections.

Congratulations to the 3 Labour Candidates elected and commiserations to the others who also lost.

Of the 3 new councillors we know Andy Walker who has been a leading campaigner on the King George Hospital front and we look forward to working with him again on this issue over the next period.

The other two are unknown and have yet to earn their spurs. We’ll be watching!

Full Chadwell result here.

The council remains hung.

Conservative – 30
Labour – 26
Liberal democrat – 7

Weggis

7 comments:

  1. When it's currently yellow, vote Green and get red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you suggesting that the Greens drew their support from the Yellows and Blues as opposed to the Reds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - I'm primarily paraphrasing somebody else. But has this blog owner lost the will to respond?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's having a rest, I'm on batting duty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "He's having a rest". Is that preparatory to joining his next party?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be the Christening party, but first Mrs C has to visit the Labour ward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Morris,

    Although I am feeling blue, the red mist invoked by losing a seat I felt I deserved, has not resulted in a yellow bellied transition to another party. I am just enjoying the Green Green grass of home for a while. Campaigning and 4 years of service (unelected) to Chadwell took a lot out of me. Please do not begrudge me spending time with the children and wife. Moreover, now that you are aware of a potential Christening party, here is a promise. I will send you an invitation. I must say though, the term Labour ward has never given me a more sickly feel - I feel rather Green.

    ReplyDelete