Monday 6 July 2009

It looks like finally the weed killing department are taking my concerns about the overtly vegetal look of our streets seriously. I am not against plants and trees and have persistently campaigned for more trees on our roads. However, the amount of weeds on our pavements and roads is becoming dangerous (trip hazard), unsightly and rather ludicrous!

An officer from the weeding section stated:

"I have passed the details to the contractor and will be inspecting a sample of the roads in Chadwell and pass the results to the contractor."

This action is an acceptable process, however why does it take my ranting every year to get this issue rectified? You would have thought by now that someone would have realised our streets are being overlooked (probably due to the confusion that bordering with Barking and Dagenham induces) and rectified this matter to prevent recurrence...?

I will keep monitoring our streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment