Thursday 21 October 2010

Grove Farm Planning Application Approved! (951 - 1009 High Road)

It is disheartening I know, however the Grove Farm Planning application has now been approved since the 26th July 2010.  This flies in the face of a lot of community apprehension that saw the development refused twice during my recent campaigns in Chadwell. 

As I am on a two year sabbatical from politics after promising my wife that I would not get involved in Chadwell issues, I did not attend the Appeal Hearing on the 26th July.   I had challenged previous applications successfully, however I felt that elected Councillors selected by the local community, would do what was right. 

The proposal that has been approved will now allow the development of 104 homes, a number of Commercials units and the design is for up to 6 storey construction.

In view of the large number of requests for information about this topic, I have written this post.  However, if you would now like to challenge this decision, I suggest you contact the newly elected members.

More info can be sought by following the link by clicking (here)

1 comment:

  1. Anybody who knows anything about planning also knows that you cannot appeal against a decision to grant permission other than on a point of law.

    ReplyDelete