Wednesday 10 February 2010

Back to life - Back to reality! (that's a song I remember!)

The future looks promising!

Many of you will recall that in response to a number of complaints regarding the state of underground Car Parks in the Richmond Estate, I submitted a Planning Enquiry form requesting information on any breach of original Planning consent. It transpires that my supposition was correct and below I include two emails from the Head of the Planning Department (sic):

"I recall that during our telephone conversation that you requested an update on the investigation. We agreed this would be provided by the end of the week. As you will appreciate I am not in the office this afternoon. However I can recall that Mike Lowe has met representatives of the developers and discussed the issue of the underground car park. The short term solution is for me to serve a breach of condition notice. There is no appeal against the notice and attracts a fine of up to £1000. My approach to enforcement is to resolve issues by negotiation. Therefore I am keen for the parking area to be reopened. If Mike is able to provide any further information on my return tomorrow then I will contact you again" Received 5th February

Since then we have received a further email that states:

"Further to my previous email, I am writing to advise you that I have authorised a letter, drafted by Mike Lowe, that will be sent to both Taylor Wimpey and Residential Management Group today. In the letter, I have indicated that the underground parking area must be made available for use within 3 months from today. Otherwise I will instruct Legal Services to serve a Breach of Condition Notice. I trust that this information is sufficient for your purposes. Perhaps you may care to contact Mike Lowe on 6th May 2010 if my deadline has not been met."

We hope this is good news for local residents and promise to keep you updated with progress. In the meanwhile, do not hesitate to make contact with further enquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment